May 24th, 2018
Burrill announces NDP caucus role shuffle
HALIFAX – Today, NDP Leader Gary Burrill announced the following changes to the spokesperson roles for the NDP Caucus:
- Susan LeBlanc, MLA for Dartmouth North becomes spokesperson for African Nova Scotian Affairs, and LGBTQ Affairs
- Lisa Roberts, MLA for Halifax Needham becomes spokesperson for Housing, and Municipal Affairs
- Dave Wilson, MLA for Sackville-Cobequid becomes spokesperson for Energy
- Claudia Chender, MLA for Dartmouth South becomes spokesperson for Rural and Regional Economic Development.
- Lenore Zann, MLA for Truro-Bible Hill-Millbrook-Salmon River becomes spokesperson for Environment and Climate Change.
All other roles and titles remain the same.
“Almost a year ago our caucus of seven MLAs was elected,” said Burrill. “During that time we’ve made some important strides and pushed for needed changes like a $15 minimum wage, PTSD coverage, and paid leave for survivors of intimate partner violence. Today’s changes to our caucus roles launch us into the next year when we will continue to push hard for the improvements that are needed by the people of the province.”
– 30 –