May 27th, 2017
FACT CHECK: JAIMIE BAILLIE’S RECORD OF CUTS
Jamie Baillie's record is one of cuts to health care and supporting policies that hurt working people
Jaimie Baillie has proven that he will say just about anything to get elected, and while he is now acting as a defender of health care and education, the reality is that his record is one of cuts to health care and supporting policies that hurt working people.
As chief of staff for Premier John Hamm, Jaimie Baillie stood by while his government:
- Raised pharmacare premiums by 50%
- Supported privatizing health care services
- Cut funding for transition houses and women’s shelters
- Cut funding for the children’s dental care program
- Allowed university tuition to increase by 17.4%
- Mused about lowering the minimum wage in 2002, while it was already the second-lowest in Canada at $5.80/hour.
While the NDP has a plan to fix the crisis in health care and invest in health care and education, Jaimie Baillie wants you to forget his record of cuts. It’s time for Jaimie Baillie to come clean and tell Nova Scotians his real plans are for making cuts to health care and education.